<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 25, 2004

I had lost track of time, I just wasn't paying attention, someone mentioned yesterday that it was the 24th of Jan and I realised I've been away from home for over a year now and my return ticket and travel insurance has expired (almost 2 weeks ago). I knew this was going to happen at some stage but didn't expect it to happen so suddenly. It looks as if I've burnt my bridges, but who needs bridges when you can dive! Speaking of which I saw a Maori Wrase when I was diving yesterday, they are those huge dopey looking fish with a lumpy head, I also saw a huge giant turtle and followed him around for ages.
I did a bit of exploring around the area on my day off the other day, I went to the tablelands with a few of the guys from the hostel. We saw about 5 beautiful waterfalls and two lakes. At Lake Eachly we went swimming with the turtles (just little turtles) which was great. It was nice to get out of Cairns for the day.
I'm in the process of uploading some photos it seems to be taking forever but it's a lazy sunday and I've the day off so I don't mind using the time to catch up on a few e-mails and update my blog. Here's the most recent phots from Cairns anyway, hope you like them and here's a few snaps from my last days in Sydney which cover all things from Julies birthday to Christmas, New Year and my last few days in Sydney. As usual there will also be a link to these from My Photo Page enjoy!



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?