<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 17, 2003

Well it's been a while and there's a bit to catch up on, the hunt for employment has finally come to an end, I've been doing a data entry job with Chris the past few days. Ironically the first agency to give me a spelling test (which I obviously failed) had a job for me to start the next day. According to Gary's mail "
this makes me feel better about my bad spelling...

aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist
and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe."

Data entry has to be the most boring, repetitive job in the world but it's been fine and I'm reassured in the knowledge that I'll be starting a real (well sort of real) job on Wednesday. I'm going to be a production designer at a big financial institution, basically a posh name for "that bird who makes the powerpoint presentations full of pie charts" . Anyway the pay isn't as insulting as data entry and I'll be able to make it sound good on a cv.
In other news.... the housing crisis has been averted as Liz's flat mate is moving out an I'm taking up permanent residence (well as permanent as a backpacker can be) in county Bondi. I can't go wrong really, great flatmates, great neighbours, 5 mins from the beach and that warm fuzzy feeling that I never left Ireland at all, except for the sun which I'm still hopefull will grace us with it's presence soon.
On the social life side of things... I've become a regular on Chris' Tuesday night pub quiz team, where "Pommy Andy" insults everyone, gives free jugs of beer for the worst spelling (that's me pished for the night) and screams out the questions "ooo 'ad an 'it wiv this?" over the 80's tack tune blaring in our ears. Its a qualiteee night. I also know the video shop people by name so you can see I'm hitting the town with my tin of red paint over here in Sydney (please note sarcastic tone).
Well it's Friday evening and I've got that Friday feeling, I'm gonna meet some friends, drink some beer, dance away to some cheesy choonz and let the weekend roll on!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?